Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Observation Hill

Observation Hill, or Ob Hill is just outside of town and has a trail going up to the peak and a loop trail around the base.  I went on the loop trail this morning after work and took these photos.  An amazing clear blue sky day, hardly any wind and almost 30 degrees, so very nice morning for a walk.  It took me about 75 minutes (not sure of the route length) but I hope to move faster once the snow and ice on the trail are gone.  It reminded me of hiking in the Haleakala Crater on Maui.  Different temp's but same volcanic rock and dusty trail.  (I know it's been awhile but does it look sorta familiar Vern?)

Trail route sign.

Trail along the hillside.

Most of the snow has melted and the trail is well used.

Ob Hill peak (223m) in the background.

One large icy patch on the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment