Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The YUKON

British Columbia is beautiful, but after three days I am ready to be somewhere else.  I left Fort St John, BC this morning at 6 and got to Watson Lake this evening at 7, a long 13 hour day.  A record long 560 miles as well.  Sore muscles appreciated the quick stop at Liard hot springs.  I drove through some nasty snow on some bad roads, but had some nice weather and awesome animal sightings as well. I saw caribou, a moose, big horn sheep and lots of bison, a great day.  These pictures tell a much better story than I can...

The day started out nice...

Soon some flurries,

then more snow.

Beautiful mountain pass.

Nice horns on this rocky mountain big horn sheep.

Yeah, you.

A Bison standing in the snow.

more bison.

Dark clouds and a break between snowstorms.

Damn, it's really hard to see where the road is.

The day ended rather nice.

Welcome to the Yukon!

My dirty, but dependable car.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment