Wednesday, November 9, 2011

More images from McMurdo...

Dave, Kelly & Amy in the Cargo area. It's awesome to be able to work with friends.

Mount Discovery, with Scott base in the foreground.

The ice road approaching Ross island near Scott base.

The Welcome to McMurdo sign on Scott Hill.

Our medical clinic, reminds me of M*A*S*H for some reason.

My cool boss, Sharona Thompson (no relation) at her desk.

Fran and Char working dispatch in the office.

My room, about 50 sf.  Room for a single bed, a night stand and wardrobe, with room left over to stand and get dressed... not much space, but I'm either reading or asleep when I am there.

The McMurdo library, a pleasant surprise.

Shuttle driver Dan battling a Condition 2.  Only condition 1 will close the base.  Condition 3 is normal - cold and windy.

No comments:

Post a Comment