Sunday, June 24, 2012

Marrakech

Marrakech started out as an outpost for desert caravans over 1,000 years ago, a caravanserai.  Now a modern city, re-discovered in the Sixties by hippies and the Rolling Stones, Beattles and Led Zeppelin.   More recently discovered by the French fashion industry and now a popular tourist destination. Lots to see and do, with the Djemaa el-Fna square and souqs, the shopping areas, as the logical starting point.


Hotel Moroccan House, the best hotel on the trip.

Three stars.

My room.

What can I say?

The pool, very nice.

12th century Koutoubia Mosque.

Djemaa el-Fna, Marrakech's main square and activity center.

Modern train station.  I took the train to Casablanca.

Gas station.

Blue doors.

The Moroccan flag.

Sunset over Marrakech.

Stop.

2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    very nice blog!I’m an instant fan, I have bookmarked you and I’ll be checking back on a regular.See u.

    Adventure tours Morocco

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete