Thursday, June 7, 2012

talkin' TURKEY

I was fortunate enough to spend over 3 weeks in Turkey (March 29 to April 23). What an amazing country.  Population: almost 80 million. Size: larger than the state of Texas at 301,000 square miles, with over 5,235 miles of coastline.  Istanbul is a modern, dynamic, cosmopolitan city.  The first 9 days I was with my friend Lizzy.  We rented a car and toured the Turkish Turquoise coast, so beautiful!  I then joined a 15 day Intrepid tour that covered some new areas.  Great group and a lot of fun.  I love Turkey, the place, the people, the coast, the history, I even like crazy, crowded Istanbul.

Great airline, moddern fleet and excellent service.

Simple but elegant Turkish flag, seen everywhere.

Turkey!

Our Turquoise Coast route.
Inset map is of Antalya.

No comments:

Post a Comment